Cataract surgery removes your cataracts. It’s available on the NHS if you’re prepared to wait. However, refractive cataract surgery is ideal if you:
- seek to reduce your dependence on glasses and contact lenses
- want special care taken to address any astigmatism you might have
- choose your own consultant eye surgeon
- be seen by your consultant surgeon at every stage of the patient pathway
- have a comprehensive choice of lens options to suit your needs and lifestyle
You may not be suitable for refractive cataract surgery if you have very high visual requirements for distant or near tasks or if you frequently drive at night.
Some patients with coexisting eye conditions, e.g. advanced glaucoma, may not be suitable.